Develop new specialties using hypnosis and hypnotherapy in your practice.
With all the current, updated and new research being done with using hypnosis, there are so many more areas that you can specialize in. For example, in the past, researchers were using old fashioned types of suggestions to reduce the pain from spinal cord injury patients. The newer researchers at The University of Washington discovered that just telling the patient, “you no longer have pain” was actually detrimental in the pain relief of the patient.
The resurgence of the ancient belief of Integrative or Holistic medicine, is now incorporating hypnosis and hypnotherapy into their departments. The world renown Cleveland Clinic has lead the country in providing comprehensive holistic services to its patients and their families. They have found that the use of hypnosis and Heart-Centered Hypnotherapy actually reduces recovery time from surgeries, and reduces the amount of drugs that patients are required to take. They have shorter hospital stays and can return to work faster than previously thought.
Here is a short list of some of the current research indicating effective uses of hypnosis in the fields of:
- Surgery preparation, which has been shown to decrease the recovery time
- Post-op recovery, including pain management
- Hypno-anesthesiology for children, the elderly and people who cannot tolerate anesthesia
- Migraine headache treatment, often eliminating the need for drugs
- Reducing bleeding.
- Fertility treatment; without expensive and invasive medical procedures
- Hypno-birthing to support natural childbirth without pain
- Claustrophobia, especially for people needing MRIs and other suffocating medical procedures
- PTSD for trauma survivors and vets returning from war zones
- Weight management and addressing the underlying emotional issues of obeisity
- Smoking cessation to prevent heart attacks and cancer
- Eating disorders and bariatric surgery
- Anxiety and depression
And the list of possible uses of hypnosis goes on and really is endless. It is only up to the creativity of the hypnotherapist to provide the link between the presenting issue of the client and the treatment using hypnosis.
Hypnotherapy also will help you differentiate your private practice, which is key to helping it grow. For more tips on differentiation and other marketing advice, read our web guide on Marketing for Therapists.